Make a pledge
You have listened to our presentation, and now you know some of the facts about the Climate Crisis
Make a promise to change
What will you do about it? Pledge to make one change, something you are not already doing, to reduce your carbon footprint from today.
We will complete a Pledge card for you and email it to you as a PDF so you can download and print it as a reminder for your fridge door.
Data protected pledges
We will record the pledge in the name of your WI. We do not retain individual member names or email addresses.
Make your pledge:
- Switch to a renewable energy supplier
- Replace halogen light bulbs with LED bulbs.
- Plant a tree, either yourself or with the Woodland Trust
- Drive less and walk more
- Use public transport
- Use peat free compost
- Reduce red meat consumption
- Reduce dairy consumption
- Turn the thermostat down
- Turn lights off more
- Wash clothes on cool
- Buy locally sourced food
- Compost green waste
- Collect rainwater off the roof
- Replace a gas boiler with electric
- Car share to work or to events
- Have a meat free day every week
- Buy seasonal, local and organic food
- Make your next car an electric one
- Recycle and reuse clothes and furniture